This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020)
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, |
|Stephen Brinkley (president)|
Sport Chek is the largest Canadian retailer of sporting clothing and sports equipment, with 191 stores throughout Canada as of 2020. It is the only national big box sporting goods retailer in Canada, although it is absent in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, while Quebec and Yukon are served by its sister brand Sports Experts instead. Its parent company, FGL Sports, also owns over a dozen sporting brands.
New Sport Chek stores with Samsung OLED screens, tablets, and high tech were opened at West Edmonton Mall in 2014, Square One and Yorkdale in 2015, and a flagship SportChek/Atmosphere opened in Sherway Gardens in the GTA in July 2016.[why?]
- FGL Sports – Parent Company
- Canadian Tire – Parent Company
- Sports Experts – equivalent in Quebec
- Mark's (formerly Mark's Work Wearhouse) – another unit of Canadian Tire
- "Sport Chek". FGL Sports. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- Canadian Tire buys Sport Chek, Athletes World owner, The Guardian, 9-May-2011